Great Big Green Week Wednesday Walks
The Great Big Green Week is the UK’s biggest ever celebration of community action to tackle climate change and protect nature. And everyone’s invited…
We’ve teamed up with YMCA East Surrey to run 11 of their Ramblers Wellbeing Walks to support Climate Action Redhill and Reigate in their campaign for the Great Big Green Week. See what other events they would like to invite you to here.
Each walk will include varying activities that will promote active hope by engaging with nature and taking action to look after our environment.
Take action with us…
Walks on Wednesday 28 September
1. Caterham 10.30am | 1½ hours
Meet with Alun: 10.30 , de Stafford Sports Centre – Reception
2. Tandridge 10.30am | 1¼ hour walk
Meet with Lucy: 10.30am Tandridge Village Hall Car Park
3. Tadworth 11.00am | 45 minutes
Meet at: 11.00am Tadworth Leisure and Community Centre
Preston Manor Road
HOW TO JOIN
All walkers are asked to sign up to the Walking Group: Sign up to Ramblers Wellbeing Walks
For the Preferred Wellbeing Walking Group, select ‘Ramblers Wellbeing Walks East Surrey’.
Once you have signed up with Ramblers, you will receive an email containing a QR code confirming your registration. Then you can turn up to any walk run by YMCA East Surrey and the Walk Leader will scan your QR code to register your attendance.
If you don’t have an email address, please email RedhillCC@richmondfellowship.org.uk and we can support you to sign up.
OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION:
- You don’t need expensive walking boots, but it can be muddy at times, so wear something suitable for the conditions.
- When necessary, bring a waterproof jacket or an umbrella.
- Bring a drink with you to remain hydrated.
- If necessary, please speak to a healthcare professional before increasing your activity levels.
If you have any questions, contact us at:
01737 771 282