MS Excel Moving Up!
Mondays for 3 weeks
11, 18 & 27 July 2022
2.30pm to 4:00pm
ABOUT THIS SESSION
This course is suitable for people with some experience of Excel formulas, functions and formatting; making Charts and data entry and for people who have previously attended our Excel Moving On course.
What this course will cover:
Advanced features in Formatting
- Conditional formatting – in-built schemes
- Conditional formatting – custom schemes
- Paste Special – use only parts of formatting/ data
Columns, Rows & Cells
- Moving columns & rows; Overwrite or Insert – using Shift.
- Insert or delete cells; using Shift.
Formulas & Functions
- Absolute Cell reference; use of $; Cols & rows; use of F4 key; examples of use
- Sort & Subtotal; Sumifs; Concatenation (&) to join content from cells
- Round; Vlookup; Hlookup;
More complex functions
- Pivot Tables – an introduction
- Drop down menus: quick data insert using data validation.
View & protection
- Freeze panes; multiple windows to freeze parts of same data
- Hide – Cols & Rows; Tabs
- Select multiple tabs for common edits/ multiple print
- Protect cells &/or hide contents
- Editing/ adjusting to suit – change chart type; change axis limits; change colours,
- Select data presentation options – labels for values etc
There will also be an opportunity for participants to select from the following topics during the course.
- Quick tricks – date and time stamp (Ctrl + ; ) (Ctrl + : )
- Save and close file – Ctrl + S; Ctrl + W
- Data Validation intro to other features – user messages etc
WHO CAN JOIN THESE SESSIONS
Anyone who lives in Surrey and is over the age of 18.
HOW THE SESSIONS ARE RUN
We use the video chat service called Zoom. We can help you set this up, you don’t need to do anything now.
Watch a video on how to join Zoom video chats
HOW TO JOIN
If you are currently registered with Richmond Fellowship, all you need to do is speak to your Community Links Advisor or email RedhillCC@richmondfellowship.org.uk and to let us know which course or workshop you would like to attend. If you are new to Richmond Fellowship, you will be asked to complete a registration form and have an introductory call with one of the team. Please find an online application form here: Richmond Fellowship Booking Form.
Alternatively you can call us on 01737 771 282 or email us to arrange joining on RedhillCC@richmondfellowship.org.uk.
After completing the booking & registration form you will receive an introductory welcome call from the session provider.
It’s not always possible to join a session happening the same day, but we often have regular sessions weekly. We’re normally able to respond within 24/48 hours of you contacting us.